1/1 Photo of Pan-Seared Crusted Salmon With Cherry Tomato–ginger Sauce
In this recipe, fresh ginger flavors the sauce, and ground ginger and other warm spices are rubbed on the fish to make a flavorful, crisp crust. Be sure to buy whole coriander seeds and grind them in a food processor or spice grinder; pre-ground coriander will be too fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup coriander seed, ground medium-fine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 (6 ounce) center-cut salmon fillets, skin removed
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (homemade or low-salt canned)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1In a small bowl, combine the coriander, ground ginger, and cayenne and mix with 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of the oil to make a paste.
- 2Pat the paste on both sides of the salmon fillets and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat a 12-inch heavy-based skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat.
- 5When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the fillets and cook until the bottom is well browned and the bottom half of the fish becomes opaque, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6Turn the fish and cook until browned on the second side and just cooked through, another 3 to 4 minutes.
- 7Transfer to a warm platter.
- 8Pour off all but a film of fat from the pan.
- 9Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- 10Add the tomatoes, sprinkle with salt, and sauté until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- 11Remove from the heat, toss in the ginger, and pour the tomatoes over the fish.
- 12Put the pan over high heat.
- 13Add the wine and boil until reduced by half.
- 14Add the broth; boil until reduced by half again.
- 15Off the heat, swirl in the butter.
- 16Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 17Pour the sauce over the salmon and tomatoes, sprinkle with the cilantro, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Seared Crusted Salmon With Cherry Tomato–ginger Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.9
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 102.7 mg
- Sodium 168.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 35.3 g