Pan-Seared Scallops With Ginger Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and quartered
- 1 shallot, quartered
- fresh ginger, about 2 inches, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth, reduced fat and reduced sodium
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- snipped chives (to garnish) (optional)
- Combine carrot, shallot, ginger, garlic, wine and broth in a medium sauce pan. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 12 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Strain; discard vegetables and reserve liquid.
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet that has ben sprayed with nonstick cooking spray over medium-high heat. Place scallops in single layer in pan. Cook until golden brown on bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn scallops. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook about 2 minutes until second side is lightly golden.
- Reduce heat to low and pour reserved liquid over the scallops. Simmer 1 minute or until scallops are done, stirring any browned particles into sauce and spooning sauce over scallops.
- To serve, arrange scallops on deep platter and spoon sauce over them. Sprinkle with chives.
Join The Conversation