Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Copied from a Weight Watchers Cookbook. I have some dieters coming for Thanksgiving this year. I believe the recipe stated that you can use fingerling potatoes or red potatoes but I alway have red potatoes on hand so that is why I listed red potatoes as the potato ingredient.
- 3⁄4 lb red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine potatoes with enough water to cover by 2 inches in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Boil 1 minute and remove the pan from the heat and let stand in the cooking liquid until partially cooked; about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and then add the Brussels sprouts.
- Cook until light green, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until the Brussels sprouts begin to brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes, salt and pepper and cook until the veggies are tender, 5-7 minutes longer.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
My husband LOVED it....wants it again tomorrow!