Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Bacon and Shallots
Brussels Sprouts dont get any better than this! A fantasically delicious side dish for any occasion!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, trimmed and halved
- 4 slices smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch of kosher salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- 1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2.In oven safe skillet or casserole dish crisp bacon over medium high heat. About 8-10 minutes. Remove bacon and set aside on plate lined with paper towels. Dispose of fat in the skillet.
- 3.Return skillet to stovetop. Deglaze pan with white wine, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan.
- 4.Add shallots and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- 5.Add Brussels sprouts and olive oil and mix together to combine and evenly coat.
- 6.Place skillet in oven and roast for about 15-20 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
- 7.Remove from oven and add butter and bacon, toss to combine.
- 8.Salt and pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My DH and I aren't normally big brussels sprouts fans, but they were on sale, so I bought some. I reduced the recipe for two, but used two slices of bacon (because we love bacon!) but I agree with the other reviewers that only one slice was needed. The only thing I did different from the recipe was to boil the sprouts for 6 min until crisp tender while the bacon was cooking. This was really good and he requested that I make them again.Reply
As another reviewer I was making this for two so cut to 2 strips of bacon. Still more than needed, One strip would have been enough. I had no shallots on hand so used some sweet onion and a medium clove of garlic. I cooked it for 15 minutes at 425. Got a bit black and dried on the outside. Next time I'll drop the temp to 400. Worth trying again but pay attention to what's happening.Reply
I loved this! The brussel sprouts tasted like little pieces of heaven with the carmelized shallots on them. I cut the recipe down to serve 2, and only used 1 slice of bacon....mine was thick sliced, and it was too much for the sprouts. So I'd adjust the bacon amount a bit. My brussels sprouts got very brown, even though I reduced the temp to 375 and reduced the cooking time....so I recommend watching the cooking time and the sprouts accordingly! The end result was absolutedly wonderful....I'll definitely make this again. Made for PAC Spring 2010. Thanks PAC Preemie!Reply
see 2 more