Pan Roasted Brussel Sprouts
photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quarterd
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 ounce prosciutto, chopped
- 1 tablespoon banana pepper, pickled
- Combine: Brussels sprouts and water in a saute' pan.
- Cover and boil, 3 minutes.
- Uncover and allow remaining water to evaporate.
- Move Brussels sprouts to the side of pan.
- Melt: Butter in pan and add prosciutto; saute until crisp, 2-3 minutes.
- Mix Brussels sprouts with the prosciutto.
- Cook until sprouts begin to brown 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in: Pepper rings and season with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a great method for cooking Brussels sprouts! I followed the basic method but omitted the prosciutto and banana peppers. I add chopped onions instead (as Bonnie mentioned in her introduction). The outcome was great. I couldn't believe how quickly the Brussels sprouts developed that roasted-like consistency. Yum!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"