Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 1 lb frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 -3 teaspoon kosher salt or 1 -3 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Take frozen brussels sprouts and place in a large bowl. Pour olive oil and kosher salt over sprouts and mix well.
- Place sprouts, evenly spaced and not stacked, on a baking sheet and place in a 400 degree oven for 40-45 minutes. Pull them out before they turn black but you definitely want them to be brown and crispy on the edges.
- NOTE: You can use fresh Brussels sprouts if you prefer, but I recommend halving them since they're often larger than frozen ones.
- Of course, adjust the salt and olive oil to taste.
How wild, these tasted kind of popcorn-esque to me! I cooked them for the full 45 minutes, and they started to smell a bit burnt to me towards the end of cooking, but they were just fine once they were done. I had way too many sprouts (I mistakenly bought two bags instead of one), so I just tossed them all in. I knew that doubling the recipe outright would be too much oil and salt, but I did increase the oil to 3/4 cup, and I added 1 more teaspoon of salt. In hindsight, I probably should have not increased the oil and salt at all, even though I doubled the sprouts, but that was my own fault. They still tasted great with the added salt and oil, I just think that the extra wasn't necessary. I love roasted vegetables of all sorts, and this was no exception. We'll definitely be having these again, thanks for posting!
see 14 more reviews