Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have been searching for years for a foolproof method of cooking pork chops and finally found it. These are wonderfully moist and very tasty. This is a Bon Appetit recipe and I found it on the Epicurious web site.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 center-cut pork chops, apprx 3/4 inch thick
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Mix flour, cornstarch and garlic salt.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chops in flour mixture and shake off excess.
- Pour enough oil into large skillet to reach depth of 1/2" to 1".
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Fry chops in oil until golden about 5 minutes per side.
- Note: I found they cooked much quicker.
- Avoid overcooking or they will be dry.
I made this recipe on 5/25/13 for Entree' portion of mine and my SO's Dinner. And instead of using center cut chops, boneless sirloin chops of the same thickness was used. I also added some ground black pepper and seasoned salt to the flour.If these are made again, I will cut back on the flour and cornstarch. To me,there was just too much of the coating mix leftover. After placing the chops in oil a bit more seasoned salt and pepper were sprinkled on the top. My SO and I both really enjoyed the taste. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
Excellent! I added a few more spices to the flour, but the technique was perfect!!
Very good. Only fried a little longer, will be keeping this recipe. Thank you.