1/4 Photos of Pan Fried Asparagus
I discovered my new favourite way to cook asparagus whilst on holidays recently. We bought asparagus at the farm gate, and cooking equipment was limited.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim woody ends of asparagus.
- 2Heat bacon grease in pan over medium high heat, or electric skillet.
- 3Add asparagus to pan and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until bright green and a little browned. Turn frequently.
- 4Remove and eat at once with a grinding of salt and pepper, or cool to eat with a salad.
- 5Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice if you wish.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Fried Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.8
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 12.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g