Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I discovered my new favourite way to cook asparagus whilst on holidays recently. We bought asparagus at the farm gate, and cooking equipment was limited.
- Trim woody ends of asparagus.
- Heat bacon grease in pan over medium high heat, or electric skillet.
- Add asparagus to pan and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until bright green and a little browned. Turn frequently.
- Remove and eat at once with a grinding of salt and pepper, or cool to eat with a salad.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice if you wish.
Delicious JustJan....simply delicious. We never tried pan fried asparagus before, let me tell you that we will be enjoying them prepared this way, often in the future. So quick and easy to make with terrific results. I did use butter instead of bacon grease, didn't have any on hand. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag Game.
Hi Jan, was going to post a very similar recipe, so thought I would review yours with my changes. I use butter or oil instead of the bacon grease and add some garlic, just because I love it! This is a SENSATIONAL dish & I think THE way to prepare asparagus. This is our "go to" recipe. Even more delicious when prepared on the BBQ for that added smokiness. Thanks again Jan I LOVE your recipes. I seem to have saved quite a few so more reviews to come :-)
Absolutely wonderful. Hubby usually wont eat asparagus but gobbled this right up! thanks for sharing.