Roast Pumpkin Dip
Got this from a Radio Show whilst on holidays. I have only made it once and it vanished from the bowl !!! I used butternut pumpkin but you can use the pumpkin of your choice.
- Ready In:
- 1 whole butternut pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 fluid ounce chili sauce
- olive oil
- Roast a whole butternut pumpkin.
- When soft, scoop out the flesh and mash or process before adding a teaspoon of ground cumin, crunchy peanut butter and a splash of chilli sauce to taste.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, and stir well.
- Serve in a bowl with crackers or pita bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I think a cup/gram measurement on the pumpkin would be helpful, but I used a normal sized butternut that I got in my local supermarket and with the other ingredient quantities as they were, it turned out great, so I figure it was the right amount! I roasted my pumpkin for around an hour before letting it cool and scraping out the pulp. Love the flavours of this; makes a lovely change to the sweet pumpkin dip recipes I'm used to making/eating. Served with savoury crackers, this disappeared fast! NOTE: I added a photo of the size of butternut pumpkin I used for reference.