Looking for a new way to prepare asparagus? A friend prepared this for our family, and it is now one of our favorites. It is best with the thin asparagus. This dish is great with baked ham.
- Ready In:
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 6 cups asparagus spears, snapped in 2-inch segments
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine garlic, broth, soy sauce, corn starch, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- Saute asparagus and green onion in olive oil for approximately 6-8 minutes, until crisp tender.
- Stir sauce and add to asparagus and cook approximately 1 minute until sauce thickens.
- Place in serving bowl and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Recipe does not keep well, so make only enough for one meal.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION