1/5 Photos of Palmiers for Valentine's Day
Everything Tasty Kitchen's Note:
Palmiers.....ooooh yah! These crispy, flaky, heart shaped French cookies are buttery, sweet and very delicious. Pahlm-Yay's look really fancy, like something you would see in a bakery, but they are so simple to make at home. Perfect for valentines day, I added colored sugars to make it more fun. Be sure to use parchment paper or you will be buying your self a new sheet pan!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Combine the sugar and salt together.
- 3Pour 1 cup of the sugar on a flat surface.
- 4Use one sheet of the puff pastry and pour 1 cup of the sugar over the top and spread out evenly with your hands.
- 5Use a rolling pin to press the sugar into the dough, until it's 13 by 15 rectangle.
- 6Turn the dough over and press the sugar on the other side as well, you want the dough to be completely covered with the sugar on both sides. There will be extra sugar left on the board.
- 7Fold the sides of the square towards the center so they go halfway to the middle Fold them again so the two folds meet exactly at the middle of the dough, then fold 1 half over the other half as though closing a book, you will have 6 layers.
- 8Slice the dough into 3/8-inch slices and dip both cut sides in the sugar to ensure a good coating.
- 9Place the slices, cut side up, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 10If you choose, sprinkle generously the colored sugar on each piece.
- 11Continue with the second sheet of pastry as above.
- 12Bake the cookies for about 8-10 minutes until brown on the bottom.
- 13Transfer immediately to a baking rack to cool completely, before they stick.
- 14Store in an airtight container. You can freeze them at this point as well.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Palmiers for Valentine's Day
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.8
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 50.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g