Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe from Ricardo. Posted for ZWT.
- 1 spaghetti squash (3 lb)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced (115 g)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 19 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 lb fresh mussels, cleaned
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 3⁄4 lb haddock or 3⁄4 lb cod, diced
- 1 lb frozen medium shrimp, skinned
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- On a working plan, poke the squash with a fork on all its surface. Cook in the microwave at high power for about 15 minutes (5 minutes per pound) or until tender when touching with a finger. The squash must be al dente. Let rest 10 minutes. Cut in half, remove the seeds and undo the flesh with a fork. In a bowl, mix the flesh in butter. Add salt and pepper. Set aside in a warm place.
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage, bell pepper and onion in oil. Add garlic and spices. Keep cooking 1 minute. Add salt and pepper. Deglaze with wine. Add tomatoes, chicken stock, and bring to boil. Let simmer about 3 minutes. Add mussels and peas. Cook about 2 minutes. Add fish and shrimps. Cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes stirring frequently until mussels are open and shrimps are cooked. Sprinkle with parsley. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve on a bed of spaghetti squash.