1/13 Photos of Pacific Salmon Pie
1 hr 5 mins
DH says "It's Good" (and it is). Good hot or cold. from Canadian Diabetes Association
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) can salmon, undrained and flaked
- 1/2 cup 2% low-fat milk or 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch curry powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1Bring water and salt to a boil, add rice, bring to boil again, cover, reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes, until all water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 2Grease a 9 inch pie plate with 1 teaspoon margarine.
- 3Melt remaining margarine in a fry pan.
- 4Sauté celery and onion about 4 minutes until tender.
- 5Beat 1 egg with pepper and mix into rice.
- 6Press rice onto bottom and sides of prepared pie plate to form crust.
- 7Sprinkle half the cheese over rice.
- 8Spread with half the celery mixture and salmon.
- 9Top with remaining celery mixture and cheese.
- 10Beat together remaining egg, milk, nutmeg, curry powder and cinnamon.
- 11Pour over ingredients in pie plate.
- 12Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 13Cool 5 minutes.
- 14Cut into 6 wedges.
- 15Diabetic- 1 wedge; 2 protein choices; 1 starchy choice; 1 fats and oils choice.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pacific Salmon Pie
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 99.4 mg
- Sodium 498.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 13.7 g