Impossible Salmon Pie
Easy salmon pie that separates in the cooking to make a base. Can be stored in freezer for two weeks.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 eggs
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (200 g) can salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Place eggs, butter, flour and baking powder in processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Stir through milk, salmon, onion, cheese, parsley and seasonings.
- Pour mixture into a greased pie plate.
- Bake in moderate oven 180degC (360degF) for 1 hour or until mixture is firm and golden.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a fairly tastey dish, which I was surprised my husband enjoyed more than I did. I had a lot of left over salmon to use up when I found this recipe, so I didn't use canned salmon. I did have a little touble with the recipe though. Perhaps I have a small pie plate, or maybe I put in too much salmon (since it wasn't a can), but the pie overflowed in the oven. Since there was so much butter in the recipe, that rose to the top and ran over. The smell of burnt butter from the bottom of the oven over took the house. Personally, I'd probably give the recipe a 3, but my husband did really enjoy it. I might try it again with a little less butter.Reply
see 3 more