Recipe by Maryland Jim
A friend gave me her mother's old recipe box and this was an newspaper clipping. Made it a couple of weeks ago and it is easy AND good!
Top Review by teresas
Yummy! DH said "Oh no! I hate when you change recipes on me" but he loved this. The extra added ingredients really sets this one apart from our norm. I loved the crunch of the onion. I normally don't like using condensed soup in my food but this seemed to work well. I did cut the recipe in half. Didn't have parsley so used a touch of celery top. This will be our go to recipe from now on. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2009 :)
- 2 (12 ounce) cansfresh oysters
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 4 cups oyster liquid or 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain oysters reserving the liquor. Fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from fat.
- Cook onion in bacon fat until tender. Add soup, oyster liquor, cream and seasonings; heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add bacon and oysters; heat 3 to 5 minutes or until the edges of the oysters begin to curl. Sprinkle with parsley. Serves 4 - 6.