Creamy Oyster Stew
My dad and my husband, both love oysters. I can eat them if I don't think about how they look. Anyeay, this is my dads recipe.
- Ready In:
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) container fresh standard oysters, undrained
- 1 quart half-and-half or 1 quart milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Saute green onions in butter in a Dutch oven until onions are tender. Add remaining ingredients to onion mixture. cook over low heat until edges of oysers begin to curl and mixture is hot, but not boiling. Serve with oyster crackers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more