Boiled Shrimp and Pork Dumplings
photo by Starrynews
- Ready In:
- 200 g ground pork
- 100 g shrimp, finely chopped or ground using food processor
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 30 -40 wonton wrappers
- 3 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper, to taste (for the stock)
- 1 dash mushroom soy sauce (optional, but remember that the stock will look a bit brown)
- cauliflower (optional) or carrot, chopped (optional)
- Mix all ingredients except wonton wrappers and stock.
- Place a teaspoon of meat mixture in the center of wrappers.
- Enclose the filling - you can shape the wontons into any shape you want. Don't forget to wet the edges of wrappers to ensure the filling is sealed well.
- Boil the chicken stock over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Carefully put dumplings into stock and cook, covered, until dumplings float in the surface. Don't crowd the dumplings - you may need to repeat this step for 2-3 times.
- Add the vegetables along with the last batch of dumplings, if using.
- Add salt, pepper, or soy sauce to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These dumplings are really good. The only change was that I used cooked shrimp and more than required as I needed to use them up. I mixed everything in my food processor so it was easy to make. For the broth I added the soy sauce and broccoli, carrots, green onion, mushrooms snow peas, and cilantro. For personal preference, I also added in a little soy sauce and some chicken soup base. Thanks for the recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
An IT student from Indonesia, currently studying in Melbourne. I had never cooked before i came here and moved to an apartment, lol. Here I am now, addicted to baking. I do cook, but I mainly blog only about my bakings. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> Thank you <a href="http://www.recipezaar.com/member/358513">Jamilah's Kitchen</a> for adopting me and <a href="http://www.recipezaar.com/member/28177">**Tinkerbell**</a> for hosting PAC! :)