Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
My dad and my husband, both love oysters. I can eat them if I don't think about how they look. Anyeay, this is my dads recipe.
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) containerfresh standard oysters, undrained
- 1 quart half-and-half or 1 quart milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Saute green onions in butter in a Dutch oven until onions are tender. Add remaining ingredients to onion mixture. cook over low heat until edges of oysers begin to curl and mixture is hot, but not boiling. Serve with oyster crackers.
This is the classic New Orleans' style, Oyster Stew. Just like my MawMaw makes! Thanks.
I eaten oyster stew for a long time, and I really enjoyed this recipe. I added a little extra red pepper flakes....yum! Thanx for posting; I'll make this again.
Made this for lunch today and it was wonderful. Never had it quite this way before but I love Oyster Stew, this recipe is a keeper.