Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Mild herb flavor, if you prefer a stronger flavor add another tablespoon of the fresh herbs. You may also substitute 2 teaspoons of dried herb leaves.
- Heat oven to 450*.
- In small bowl, mix herbs, salt, pepper and oil.
- Place chicken, breast side down, in shallow roasting pan.
- Arrange potatoes around chicken in pan.
- Drizzle half of oil mixture over potatoes; stir to mix.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Spoon some of the remaining oil mixture over chicken and potatoes; stir potatoes.
- Turn breast side up. Return to oven; bake 10 minutes longer.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325*.
- Drizzle remaining oil mixture over chicken and potatoes; stir potatoes.
- Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of inside thigh and does not touch bone.
- Return to oven; bake 40 to 50 minutes longer or until thermometer reads 180* and legs move easily when lifted or twisted and potatoes are tender.
Fabulous! Easy! Everyone raved about the dinner. Thank you!