Can You Believe It's Oven Roasted Chicken
Do you ever wonder what to do with the last of the chips and crumbs in a chip bag? My DH and DS for some reason never can finish off a bag before starting a new one and I needed to do something. I saved a sandwich size bag of the crumbs and chips, crushed them up, added some bread crumbs and coated my chicken breasts. Great flavor from the chips, nice crunch and different texture for the palette. YUMMY Served this with recipe #46501 French bread, green beans, and wild rice
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces potato chips, any flavor 1 sandwich size baggie (I mixed sour cream and onion with regular, but can see this with BBQ chips as well)
- 10 large chicken breasts, bone in
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, for wash
- 1⁄4 teaspoon milk, for wash
- Crush the chips finely.
- Add enough Italian bread crumbs to mixture for coating chicken (I needed 1/2 cup).
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Dunk in egg/milk wash.
- In ziploc bag coat chicken pieces 1 or 2 at a time.
- Put in large roasting pan.
- Sprinkle on Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle on garlic powder.
- Use salt & pepper to taste (we do not use salt, chips have enough for our taste).
- Bake in oven 45-55 min at 350°F (ovens vary so check after 35 minutes. I have propane so it burns hot).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I used chicken breasts for this recipe, and for the chips I used Honey and soy and used Soy sauce instead of Worcestershire, just to carry through the flavour, Italian breadcrumbs from a fresh loaf and everything else was as written.<br/>This was fantastic!<br/>It worked so well and had a lovely Thai flavour with the Soy and Honey Chips.<br/>Wonderful recipe Connie.... I will be making this a few different ways from now on!=.<br/>O.M.G. Thanks so much.1Reply