Recipe by Veggie Girl.
Really great and easy side dish. I don't always have Worcestershire on hand because I buy the vegetarian version, so if that is the case, it can be made just as easily with 2 tsp soy sauce.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium heat. Saute rice, carrots and onions until rice is browned.
- Mix together remaining ingredients.
- Place rice mixture in 2 quart casserole dish and and pour broth mixture over top.
- Cover and cook at 325 for 50 minutes or until rice is cooked.