1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe in the Orlando Sentinel a few years back. My family really likes the way they taste. I hope you enjoy them..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup mild chili sauce or 1/2 cup canned tomato sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Place ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray and brown over medium-high heat.
- 3Using a spatula crumble beef into small pieces as it cooks.
- 4Add the chili powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and chile sauce to the pan and mix well.
- 5Wrap 6 of the corn tortillas at a time in a damp kitchen towel and warm briefly in the microwave- just enough to soften.
- 6For each flauta, spray both sides of 2 tortillas with cooking spray.
- 7Lay the tortillas down so they overlap by 4 inches.
- 8Spoon 1/4 cup or so of filling down the side of the paired tortillas and roll up tightly, the beef mixture should be in the center.
- 9Place on a heavy cookie sheet.
- 10Repeat with the others.
- 11Bake flautas, at 400 degrees until the tortillas are crisp, about 15 minutes.
- 12Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven fried Flautas
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.9
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 230.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 20.1 g