Recipe by ~jb4~
I found this recipe in the Orlando Sentinel a few years back. My family really likes the way they taste. I hope you enjoy them..
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
I wanted to thank you for this recipe; I used the spices listed here with "Chicken & Cheese Flautas"-so I kind of combined the two! Thank you for the inspiration to make my flautas taste wonderful.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mild chili sauce or 1⁄2 cup canned tomato sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray and brown over medium-high heat.
- Using a spatula crumble beef into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add the chili powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and chile sauce to the pan and mix well.
- Wrap 6 of the corn tortillas at a time in a damp kitchen towel and warm briefly in the microwave- just enough to soften.
- For each flauta, spray both sides of 2 tortillas with cooking spray.
- Lay the tortillas down so they overlap by 4 inches.
- Spoon 1/4 cup or so of filling down the side of the paired tortillas and roll up tightly, the beef mixture should be in the center.
- Place on a heavy cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the others.
- Bake flautas, at 400 degrees until the tortillas are crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.