Absolutely Delicious Bran Muffins
I have tried several bran muffin recipes, and this is my all time favorite. They are low in fat, but you'd never know it by the way they taste! Bet you can't eat just one!
- Ready In:
- 3 cups Fiber One cereal (or All Bran)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups skim milk, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pour boiling water over cereal and let stand.
- Mix together remaining ingredients then add softened cereal.
- Bake as many as you'd like in muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400°F.
- This recipe makes 40 large muffins, and the batter will keep in the refrigerator for up to three weeks, so you can have fresh, hot muffins anytime!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love this recipe - quick, easy and delicious. I used pumpkin instead of applesauce because that's what I had on hand, and swapped Splenda for the sugar to cut down on calories. Using a standard sized 12-muffin pan and a 1/4 cup measure as my scoop, I was able to get exactly two dozen muffins out of this recipe. I'm following Weight Watchers and each muffin comes out to 2 Smart Points. Definitely a keeper and one I'll be making often. Thanks!1Reply
Even though I did make a few substitutions, based on reading others' reviews, these muffins are really good! I used half brown sugar and half Splenda, 2 eggs, half whole wheat flour and half all-purpose flour, and I was going to add 1 tsp. cinnamon, but I forgot (next time!). I had to adjust my baking time/temp, because I have dark muffin pans, but I filled the tins about 3/4 full, and they puffed nicely. I got 28 standard-size muffins from this recipe. My husband loves bran muffins, so I freeze them, and he takes a couple out each day to take to work. They freeze really well. If you want one from frozen, just heat it for 25 seconds in the microwave, and you can have a nice, warm muffin! Thanks for posting this!1Replies 1
see 20 more