Pumpkin-Oat Bran Muffins
photo by averybird
- Ready In:
- Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
- Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine pumpkin and next three ingredients; stir well.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling ¾ full.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pans immediately; serve warm or at room temperature.
- Banana Oat Bran Muffins: Substitute ¾ cup mashed ripe banana for pumpkin.
- Apple-Oat Bran Muffins: Substitute 1/2 cup minced apple for pumpkin.
- Substitute apple pie spice for pumpkin pie spice.
- Add 1 Tsp ground cinnamon to dry ingredients.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were good. I did forget the all purpose flour, because I forgot to write it down (my printer don't work). However I still enjoyed them very much! VERY MUCH! I added 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp vanilla, as well as some raisins and chopped pecans. They were very nice. I am going to save one for my breakfast tomorrow.
Very moist and tasty muffins. For this recipe I added whole eggs and used wheat flour. I also sprinkled pumpkin seeds on top of each muffin. Then using the back of a spoon I pressed the pumpkin seeds down into the batter so they would not roll off while baking. It made for a pretty muffin (see above). Next time I would like to add a bit more Pumpkin Pie Spice or perhaps cinnamon or ginger to kick the flavor up a bit. These would also be great with cranberries. Thank you.
Unbelievable! Based on some of the reviews, I used 1 1/4 cup of oat bran, and 3/4 c whole wheat flour instead of the white flour. I also added a little extra cinnamon and a sprinkle more ginger. Then I added dried cranberries at the end. I baked 14 of these in regular size muffin tins at 415 (my oven runs hot) for exactly 20 minutes -- and they came out perfect! Thank you so much for posting, I will make these again and again!<br/>Update - day 2 - these are even more delicious cold! With the addition of the cranberries, I may go a little lighter on the brown sugar next time - just out of preference.
Great recipe. I was looking for ideas on a Sunday morning and didn't have all the correct ingredients so I substituted old fashioned oats for the oat bran and 1/4 c Splenda brown sugar blend and whole wheat flour. I also added pecans and raisins. Despite my messing around with it, they turned out yummy!