Unleavened Chocolate Mint Cake Brownies
photo by Banriona
- Ready In:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- green food coloring (optional)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Cream sugar and butter well. Add beaten eggs, flour, cocoa and salt and mix until thoroughly combined. Bake in a greased 13x9 pan at 400F for 25 minutes.
- While brownies are baking cream together the confectioners sugar, peppermint extract, softened butter and as much food coloring as desired in a bowl and set aside. Spread on brownies after they have cooled in the pan for 15 minutes.
- When brownies are completely cool, melt together the chocolate chips and 6Tbsp butter. Spread immediately on top of mint layer of brownies. Chill until set, but soft enough to cut. If chocolate is too hard it will crack and make it difficult to cut brownies squares.
- Slice brownies into 2" x 1" squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm sorry but for using almost a pound of butter and 4 eggs.. I was really hoping for something that tasted good. The brownie is more like a very very dry cake. The mint part is just butter, sugar and flavoring. We'll eat the whole pan so as not to waste the butter, eggs and cocoa, but really, this was not very good. I have made other similar recipes that had a much better brownie. Sorry.