Homemade Cod Fish Sticks
photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
- 1 lb cod fish fillet
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs or 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped almonds (optional)
- flour, for dredging
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with
- 2 tablespoons water, to make an eggwash
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- PREP: Cut fillets into 1/2-inch strips and season with salt, pepper and cayenne. Set aside. Place flour in shallow pan, set aside. Place eggwash into another shallow pan and set that aside. Mix breadcrumbs (or panko) and optional almonds and place into yet another shallow pan.
- Dredge strips of cod in flour shaking off excess. Dip next in eggwash and then in the bread crumb mixture, pressing down lightly into breading to coat. Set coated fish on waxed paper-lined sheet pan.
- In a large skillet heat butter and oil over moderate heat. Carefully add the coated fish strips and cook about 2-4 minutes per side, until golden brown. Do in batches if necessary. Transfer fish strips to paper towels to drain.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Original Zaaarite. Food lovers. Lynnda passed away in March 2020. Her recipes live on here for everyone to enjoy and Rick continues the tradition. We will forever live together through our food. Live well. Eat well.?