Recipe by Saloumy
It is very light, almost no fat, I like Adding lots of spices and reducing butter and oil as much as possible, i always try differnet mixtures of spices with chicken. The more time you marinate the chicken in the fridge the greater the taste you get the fat from the chicken gives the vegetable a great taste, my husband loves it with potatoes and tomato paste, but because of my diet plan I don't add potatoes although it gets even better
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1 red onion, cut into thin slices
- 5 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- butter, optional
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- green beans
- colored bell pepper
- 2 thin sliced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- -cut the onion to very thin slices and lay it flat in the cooking pan.
- -Cut the chicken open, lay it flat above the onion,.
- -in a separate bowl mix all the above ingredients, and stir well,.
- -Add the mixture to the chicken slowly , make sure every part is covered well with the paste.
- -Wrap the pan with plastic laminate and place it in the fridge over night, but the longer you marinate, the tastier it gets.
- -You can add vegetables any kind you prefer and put it under the chicken so that it absorbs the taste of the spices during cooking.
- -Add the water to the tomato paste and stir well, and add it until the vegetables under the chicken are partially covered with it so it doesn't get dry, but don' cover the chicken with water.
- -After that add a very thin slice of butter to the chicken top.
- - add some of the sliced tomatoes to the top of the chicken, you can squeeze the tomatoes over the chicken.
- -Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- -Put the chicken there for 30 minutes or until it is pink.
- -Reduce the heat to 180 degrees.
- Leave it for 60 minutes, or until it does't have any fluids when you press with the fork.