Pesto Tuna Wraps
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces canned tuna
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing or 3 tablespoons light ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups lettuce
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces of sliced black olives
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (AND or OR)
- 1⁄2 apple, chopped into small pieces
- Wash and dry lettuce and tear into small pieces. Set aside.
- Open tuna and drain well. Drain black olives, too.
- Mix tuna, pesto, and ranch dressing in a bowl.
- Mix in cheese, black olives, chopped celery, chopped apples, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Warm tortillas lightly in hot cast iron pan or in oven. (I use my toaster oven.) Tortillas should be warmed until soft and flexible, but not long enough to get dry or crisp. (That's the secret of a good wrap.).
- Place tortilla on a flat surface.
- Scatter lettuce onto tortilla.
- Spoon Tuna salad on top of the lettuce.
- Roll up your wrap and you're done!
- WRAPPING TIPS - grab the tortilla at 3 and 9 o'clock, and fold each side in about 1/3 towards the middle. Then fold from 6 o'clock up, tucking the edge of the tortilla up and aroundthe fillings and sort of curling it under the filling a bit. Then roll forwards, pulling towards you a bit as you go, and ending with the loose edge of the tortilla on the underside of the roll. I hope that makes sense! Spreading a very thin layer of dressing or sauce over the tortilla before adding the filling makes it hold together better. But you can use toothpicks. I like to slice wraps into 2 halves, but that's just presentation.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!