Recipe by TheDancingCook
This recipe was passed onto me by a vegetarian friend and co-worker. She is moving back to Canada in a few days and passed on this recipe.....and I'm spreading the wealth! Her mom in Canada makes this as a side dish for each Canadian holiday but my friend and her husband enjoy it so much that they make it any day of the year. It's healthy and very simple. If you are not a vegetarian, you can add some cooked chicken breast to the dish.
Top Review by Inklefritz19
I liked how quick and simple this recipe was to make, it took me a while to get the rice to cook and not be hard, but after an additional 20 minutes in the oven it turned out pretty good. I added some morning star chik'n strips in with it just to give it a little something extra, and it made plenty of leftovers. I would diffenetly reccomend it if you are looking for something fast and easy that is still healthy for you, I will diffenetly make this recipe again!
- 2 cups brown rice (or 1 cup of each type of rice, not minute rice) or 2 cups white rice (or 1 cup of each type of rice, not minute rice)
- chopped vegetables, of your choice (celery, green peppers, onions, frozen peas, frozen corn, broccoli, etc)
- 1 1⁄4 ounces onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon or 3 tablespoons vegetable bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups boiling water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (more or less, depends on your liking)