photo by Kathy228
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups cooked rice (about 1 1/2 cups uncooked)
- 1 cup cottage cheese (not lowfat)
- 1 (3 ounce) can chopped green chilies or (3 ounce) can jalapenos, depending on how hot you like
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- Grease an 8x12 pan.
- Saute onion in butter until soft.
- Combine with rest of ingredients.
- Sprinkle with paprika for color, if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for Pick-A-Chef. I'm glad I picked Windhorse, because this rice was just excellent. The peppers I used were jalapenos and the cheese I chose was Jack. I only used two peppers but thought I should have used three because I like the heat. I also added 2-tbsp chopped red pepper for color. It was easy to make and the baking time was exact. How good this would be to take to a buffet. I love this and will be making it often. Thanks for a keeper of a recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a psychotherapist who decided to start cooking creatively after years of resistance. I cook primarily vegetarian but cook with other ingredients when my family complains too much. I'm the mother of 3 sons, two of whom are grown, and I've been married since 1978. I cringe when I think back on the cooking my poor husband valliantly endured when we were first married. I collect cookbooks and frequent the thrift shops in my area for unusual finds. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">