Easy Texas Rice
I also like to add in a couple tablespoons of fresh garlic in with the onion as well as the addition of garlic salt, and also some cayenne pepper for heat, prep time includes browning the rice.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 bell pepper (seeded and quartered)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (can use more or if desired you can use $notetemplate1$)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a saute pan, brown the rice in oil over low to medium heat, stirring constantly (watch closely as it burns easily).
- When the rice is brown, add the onion, bell pepper, chili powder and garlic salt.
- Turn the heat to high, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes, and then chicken stock; bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation