1 hr 20 mins
This is a must served this with mashed potatoes ---one can of well drained mushrooms may be used in place of fresh, do not use fast-fry pork chops for this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt or 1 teaspoon white salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (adjust to taste) (optional)
- 6 -8 center-cut pork chops (1-inch thick or a little thicker)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil (more if needed)
- 1 lb fresh sliced button mushroom
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half cream or 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 2In a shallow bowl combine the flour with the next 5 spices (remove 3 tablespoons of the flour mixture and set aside).
- 3Coat the pork chops in the flour mixture one at a time then place onto a plate.
- 4In a large skillet over medium-high heat melt the butter with oil; add in the pork chops and brown on both sides then transfer to prepared baking dish.
- 5In the same skillet add in mushrooms and saute until golden; sprinkle over the pork chops.
- 6To the skillet add in onion and bell pepper; saute until softened.
- 7Add in garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- 8Add in the reserved 3 tablespoons flour mixture and stir for 1 minute.
- 9Stir in 2 cups half and half cream or milk; bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes or until smooth and bubbly.
- 10Remove from the heat and stir in 2 tablespoons lemon juice (at this point you may season the gravy with more black pepper to taste).
- 11Pour the sauce over the chops and mushrooms; using a fork lift the chops slightly to allow the gravy to flow underneath.
- 12Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for about 50-60 minutes (do not cover tightly you will need to allow some air to flow out while cooking).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked Pork Chops in Lemony-Mushroom Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.3
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 111.4 mg
- Sodium 114.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 29.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: