Pork Chops With Quick Mushroom Gravy
Yummy and easy to put together comfort food. Make it with stuff from the pantry..no fancy ingredients!!!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 4 bone in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (12 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (use generic!)
- garlic powder
- Season chops well with salt, pepper,& garlic powder.
- Brown on both sides in a large dutch oven or saucepan.
- Remove pork chops to a paper towel lined plate and sop up any extra oil or fat with a wadded up paper towel.
- Dump in Cream of Mushroom and add 1 can water and 1 can milk.
- I usually whizz this up with my immersion blender until smooth.
- Add back the pork chops and simmer for about an hours.
- The longer they simmer, the more tender the chops will become.
- We eat this with mashed potatoes (my family LOVES the instant ones) and green beans.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this and watched a grown man about moved to tears and listened while he professed his undying love for me and all that was on his plate. Seriously, this was that good, and I even used the healthier version of the soup but used plenty of fresh ground sea salt and pepper plus the garlic powder. We couldn't get over how tender the pork was! I served it over seasoned brown rice with steamed broccoli on the side. I also added a few whole mushrooms during the last 30 minutes or so. Thanks a million. I have a feeling I'll be making this one a lot.Reply
see 16 more