Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an easy dish to prepare and the flavor is wonderful. i usually serve it with a nice salad and the meal is complete. ENJOY!
- 6 green peppers (you can use any color)
- 2 packages of lipton Spanish rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- trim the top off of the peppers and take out the seeds.
- in large pot of boiling water add the peppers and cook for 20 minutes.
- Brown the ground beef and drain.
- prepare the spanish rice as directed on package.
- when the rice is finished,add it and the ground beef in a large bowl.
- combine the rest of the ingredients to the rice mixture.
- drain the green peppers and stuff with the rice mixture.
- in a preheated 350 oven cook the stuffed peppers (covered with aluminum foil) for 20-25 minutes.
- you will have left over rice mixture.
- i usually freeze it for another time.
- it is also good as a side dish (not stuffed in peppers).
This was excellent, cooked for a party of six with salad and black beans and they loved it!!!!So did i
Used my own rice. The chipotle adds great flavor. Parboiling for 20 is too long though. Peppers turned out mushy after 10 minutes. Next time I think I'll just steam them.
this was a great dish.. I used my own spanish rice recipe the day before and had some leftover, so I used it instead of the packaged stuff called for. This turned out very well, and I think it would make a great casserole or side dish without the peppers for those who don't like them.