Recipe by ellie3763
From Cooking Light. I haven't tried it yet myself, but it got good reviews on the CL website!
Top Review by Brittta
I'm giving this 4 stars ONLY because it lacked a little deeper flavor than I like. I doctored it up a bit with sauteed onions and garlic, zucchini and spinach. Seasoned it with oregano, salt, cracked pepper and squeezed the juice of one lemon just before serving to pep it up a little. I give this 5 stars for prep. I never would have thought to do chicken and orzo at the same time in the same pan. What a breeze!! So many variations can be used with this prep.
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 12 ounces chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water and broth in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and pasta; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in peas, 1/4 cup cheese, salt, herbs, and pepper.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.