Orzo with Parmesan and Basil
photo by limeandspoontt
- Ready In:
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir in orzo and saute until lightly browned.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix in parmesan cheese and basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thank you for posting my new favorite side dish! This was DELISH! DH and I both loved it. I did as another posted and added about 3 Tbsp diced onion and about 1 clove minced garlic before adding the pasta. I also only used 1 Tbsp butter (just trying to cut back where I can). Used fresh basil from the garden. Love the texture of this and the parm makes it extra extra creamy! This is definitely a keeper for us. Thanks for posting!