Recipe by helowy
A southwestern pasta salad that is really easy to throw together. Orignially from the Veggie Life Summer '03 magazine.
Top Review by ksduffster
We liked this a lot. I used a mixture of orzo and rotini for the pasta because I realised too late that I didn't have the full box of orzo that I thought I did. I left out the cilantro but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I would definitely recommend using a thinner salsa for this to get good coverage. I used a very chunky salsa and it didn't get dispersed very well through the salad. Or maybe use some taco sauce instead or a combination of both. I really liked the taste and it was very easy to throw together. It was also large enough that the two of us could eat it as a meal and still have some leftovers for lunch today. Thanks for posting!
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup salsa, mild to medium-hot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro (or to taste)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste