A southwestern pasta salad that is really easy to throw together. Orignially from the Veggie Life Summer '03 magazine.
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup salsa, mild to medium-hot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro (or to taste)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse well.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Toss to mix well.