Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is prior to the advent of the popular mall drinks. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 tablespoon instant malted milk powder
- 2 oranges, juice of
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- water (either plain or carbonated)
- nutmeg, for garnish (optional)
- Mix malted milk powder, orange juice and sugar in a glass and fill with water.
- Sprinkle a little nutmeg on the top, if desired.
Yes, finally! This is closest to the real thing. The malt is the key ingredient. Thanks!
Great recipe. Refreshing, delicious, and full of vitamins. Would be great for a hot summer day. Thank you for posting.