Recipe by GaylaV
I have taken this salad to many pot lucks and it is always well received. There is a nice mix of flavours in the dressing. I hope you enjoy it!
- 2 cups rice
- 0.5 (1 kg) bag frozen peas (use approx. 1 pound)
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery
- 1⁄4 cup red onion
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil (I have used either Vegetable or Canola)
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1⁄2-2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice according to package directions and cool.
- Cook the peas and cool.
- Chop celery and onion.
- Mix the rice, peas, celery and onion.
- While the rice is cooking mix all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Mix the dressing into the rice mixture.
- Cool for several hours.