Recipe by OniOkami
A very simple but delicious dessert that my wife begs me to make every other week! The serving size is a guesstimate as it depends on the portion size.
- 1 (15 ounce) bag Oreo cookies (I use peanut butter ones)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar (not the same as the sugar you put into coffee and stuff, trust me)
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix (I've only used chocolate, but I'm sure others are good too)
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a small microwavable dish (usually takes around 1-1:30).
- Crush Oreos (use a rolling pin, makes this A LOT easier; Note: try to make the crushed oreos as fine as possible, makes it easier for the next step).
- Set aside 1/4 c of the crush cookies aside, using them for the topping at the end.
- Mix the rest of the cookies with the melted butter and press into bottom of greased pan.
- Put the following into a bowl, and beat it with a mixer on medium speed:.
- 8 oz cream cheese.
- 1 c powdered sugar.
- Half of the cool whip (or 1 of the containers if you bought 2 8 oz's).
- Spread over the cookie layer you pressed into the pan, let it chill in fridge for 30 mins.
- Make the pudding mix (milk + mix) in a bowl, using a whisk until its smooth.
- Pour the pudding mix in the pan on top and let it chill for 60 mins.
- Spread remainder of cool whip on top of pudding layer.
- Sprinkle the 1/4 c of cookies you set aside in the beginning on top of the cool whip.
- Store in fridge for any amount of time, though if you can't wait, its probably safe to serve by now. I do 2 hours to make sure.