Oreo Ice Cream Cake
This easy ice cream cake can be made days in advance. Try it with your favorite ice cream.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 gallon ice cream (any flavor)
- Crush 25 cookies; pat down in 9x13-inch pan.
- Melt margarine and chocolate in sauce pan.
- Add beaten eggs a little at a time and powdered sugar.
- Stir until warm and fudgy (do not boil).
- Spread over cookie crust.
- Freeze 30 minutes.
- Cut ice cream into sections and place in pan.
- Softened ice cream works best.
- Use a rubber spatula to smooth out top.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs on top.
- Freeze at least 2 hours, until solid.
- Cut and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Long overdue review! We made this ages ago. Literal ages. I think it was my daughter's 15th birthday sleepover, and now she's 29, making it for her daughter's 8th birthday. The best part of this recipe is THE FUDGE SAUCE. I'm pretty sure it's the eggs that make it so rich and thick and deliciously to die for. I was so disappointed in myself that I never reviewed it. DEFINITELY A KEEPER.Replies 1
see 3 more