Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
If you are a marmalade-lover then you might want to give these a try!
Make and share this Orange Marmalade Muffins With Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (or use melted butter or melted shortening)
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar (more if needed)
- orange food coloring (optional)
- Set oven to 350°Fs (second-lowest rack).
- Line 12 regular-size muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine flour with sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl beat eggs with milk, oil and orange extract until well combined.
- Mix in marmalade until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon stir the dry ingredients into the marmalade mixture until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between each muffin tin.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool completely.
- For the frosting; in a bowl beat the cream cheese with marmalade until fluffy; add in confectioners sugar and beat until smooth (adding in more if needed to achieve desired consistency).
- Spread over cooled muffins.
- Store in refrigerator.
These were very good muffins, I did not make the frosting as I served them with dinner, and I also used sugar free marmalade and splenda for baking, they turned out perfect..
Very, very nice muffins. Can you believe I didn't have any milk in the house? So I did the next best thing, and substituted with orange juice. Worked out perfectly. I can't tell you what they taste like cold.....they were gobbled up pretty fast with our morning coffee. Thanks Kittencal for another terrific recipe.
Wonderful light and full of orange flavor. You could probably get 13 or 14 muffins from the mix and their was frosting left over. I will save the extra frosting and make another batch tomorrow!