If you are a marmalade-lover then you might want to give these a try!
Make and share this Orange Marmalade Muffins With Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (or use melted butter or melted shortening)
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar (more if needed)
- orange food coloring (optional)
- Set oven to 350°Fs (second-lowest rack).
- Line 12 regular-size muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine flour with sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl beat eggs with milk, oil and orange extract until well combined.
- Mix in marmalade until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon stir the dry ingredients into the marmalade mixture until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between each muffin tin.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool completely.
- For the frosting; in a bowl beat the cream cheese with marmalade until fluffy; add in confectioners sugar and beat until smooth (adding in more if needed to achieve desired consistency).
- Spread over cooled muffins.
- Store in refrigerator.