Recipe by JeriBinNC
I love rice, and I'm always on the lookout for different ways to make it. Here's one that's a good companion to tropical recipes or grilled chicken or seafood.
Top Review by Annacia
Made this for dinner tonight. It was very good and I like the fact that there is no sweetening ask for. I used jasmine rice and it made a lovely dish. I made a full batch and have tons leftover (YAY). This rice would be good with almost anything as it's not sweet but once you start you just want to keep eating it! Thanks Jeri.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice