Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A friend at work gave me this recipe. It is absolutely wonderful. Could be used either as a dessert or a salad. Recipe is easily doubled.
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) package tapioca pudding
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- Combine pudding mixes, Jello and water, stirring well.
- Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in Cool Whip and oranges.
- Chill well.
- NOTE: Even though this recipe is cooked, the vanilla pudding mix is instant.
- It is not a mistake.
I brought this to work for a friend's birthday and it was delicious! I'll definitely make this again, especially with summer coming up. Everyone commented on how refreshing it was, and mandarin oranges always seem to be a favorite. The texture was light and creamy, like an orange pudding, and went down very easily!
This is a light, creamy, wonderful dessert/salad. I made it for Sunday dinner. Everyone raved about it. We decided that it could be made pretty low-fat, no/low sugar too, by using sugar-free jello and puddings and whipped topping. You know how you eat a wonderful dinner and then the cook says, "Wait, I have a nice dessert too!" ...and you groan because you just can't eat another bite. Well, this dessert was just perfect. No one complained at all. I garnished the servings with a dollup of whipped topping. When preparing, I found a wire whisk worked well for stirring things together. My husband wants me to try a variation using lime jello and pistachio pudding.
Made this for Memorial Day, and it was a big hit! Very light and fluffy. I will make this again soon. Thanks.