1/1 Photo of Orange Creamsicle Cake (From Scratch)
WI Cheesehead's Note:
This is a customer request recipe from Outpost Natural foods. Of course, they want you to use all organice ingredients, but you are welcome to use regular stuff! :) All the other recipes on sight start with a boxed mix and this is homemade, from scratch. Prep time is an estimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 13 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/8 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup 2% low-fat milk, plus
- 1 teaspoon 2% low-fat milk
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 5Combine the 1 2/3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, water, milk, canola oil, vanilla and orange extract.
- 6Add dry ingredients and wet ingredients, alternately, to butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
- 7Divide batter among two 9 inch sprayed cake pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- 8Remove from oven, cool, and remove from pans.
- 9Frost cake, either 2 separate cakes, or if you are brave, as a 2 layer cake!
- 10Garnish with mandarin oranges.
- 11Frosting: Cream the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and o.j. concentrate together until well blended.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Creamsicle Cake (From Scratch)
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 780.8
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 141.6 mg
- Sodium 437.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 90.1 g
- Protein 9.6 g