Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Want a real stand-out cookie? Try these! The recipe comes from Taste of Hom Best Holiday Recipes, 2008! Preparation time does not include the 2 hours needed for dough to chill!
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml orange zest, minced
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 828.06 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 6.16 ml ground cinnamon
- 3.69 ml salt
- 340.19 g semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter & both sugars until light & fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, orange zest & vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt, then gradualy add to creamed mixture & mix well.
- Stir in chips & walnuts, then cover & chill 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & lightly grease several cookie sheets.
- When dough has chilled, on a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut with lightly floured 3-inch round cookie cutter.
- Place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
Love the addition of the orange zest. I also added a couple squeezes of juice from the zested fruit. I do find them to be a "dry" cookie. I also rolled them into a log shaped , chilled and then sliced. I think next time I will just chill and drop by spoonfuls and flatten. Made for Holiday Tag 2009
These were a very unusual flavour, not at all what I was expecting! But they were good, very chocolatey. I doubted that they would be good cut-out biscuits, so I rolled them into logs and chilled, then cut the log into slices. Made plenty but they didn't last long!