Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Source: Gourmet February 2008
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml salt
- 295.73 ml milk
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 7.39 ml orange zest, grated
- 236.59 ml semisweet mini chocolate chips (rounded cup)
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter, softened, mixed with
- 44.37 ml orange marmalade
- Whisk together all ingredients except chips until just combined.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat until hot and lightly brush with additional oil.
- Working in batches, pour a scant 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle and sprinkle each pancake with about 1 1/2 teaspoons chips.
- Cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are golden-brown, about 1 minute.
- Flip with a spatula and cook other side, about 1 minute more (Lightly oil griddle between batches.).
We loved these pancakes! The amount of orange flavor paired really well with the chocolate chips. Yum. The pancakes fluffed up nicely, too. This recipe made about 12 good sized pancakes. Thanks for this yummy treat!
What great pancakes! Light and fluffy and the orange and chocolate are a perfect match. Especially loved the orange butter with this - between that and the chocolate chips these pancakes needed no syrup at all. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
These were wonderful pancakes. Light, fluffy, tender and oh so flavorful. I loved the subtle flavor of the orange with the bittersweet chocolate chips. I will be making these again and again. Thanks so much for sharing this tasty treat.
Update: They are just as awesome every time I make them. I never get tired of these babies.