1/1 Photo of Open-Face Sliced Pork-N-Mushroom Sandwich With Gravy
This was a yummy meal that I threw together when there wasn't enough cube steak (that's what I made Mark that night) for the both of us for dinner. I have to say, what I made was very tasty. You can use any bread you want. I had mine on a buttered, warmed potato roll. I will post this for one serving, and you can adjust accordingly. (The gravy is simple, and the "how to" is in the directions.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1-Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Salt and pepper both sides of chop. Brown pork in skillet with a little olive oil, just until brown on each side -- Don't discard the drippings in the skillet.
- 3Drizzle 1 tbsp of oil in the middle of a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- 4Place pork chop on top of oil. Add the Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- 5Pile the sliced mushrooms atop the pork. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the mushrooms, then season with salt and pepper.
- 6Securely, fold sides of foil in over pork/mushrooms, and bring top pieces together, rolling down but not directly on top of mushrooms.
- 7Poke a few holes to allow steam to escape.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes.
- 9A few minutes before packet comes out of oven, make your gravy--add 2 tsp of flour and a pat of butter to the drippings, stirring constantly. Add the mushrooms to the gravy and toss.
- 10Slice the pork, into strips. Top the buttered bread with pork slices, mushrooms/gravy.
- 11Serve with coleslaw, tossed salad, mixed vegetables or your side dish of choice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Open-Face Sliced Pork-N-Mushroom Sandwich With Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.2
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 123.9 mg
- Sodium 349.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 46.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: