This was a yummy meal that I threw together when there wasn't enough cube steak (that's what I made Mark that night) for the both of us for dinner. I have to say, what I made was very tasty. You can use any bread you want. I had mine on a buttered, warmed potato roll. I will post this for one serving, and you can adjust accordingly. (The gravy is simple, and the "how to" is in the directions.)
- -Preheat oven to 350.
- Salt and pepper both sides of chop. Brown pork in skillet with a little olive oil, just until brown on each side -- Don't discard the drippings in the skillet.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of oil in the middle of a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Place pork chop on top of oil. Add the Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Pile the sliced mushrooms atop the pork. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the mushrooms, then season with salt and pepper.
- Securely, fold sides of foil in over pork/mushrooms, and bring top pieces together, rolling down but not directly on top of mushrooms.
- Poke a few holes to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- A few minutes before packet comes out of oven, make your gravy--add 2 tsp of flour and a pat of butter to the drippings, stirring constantly. Add the mushrooms to the gravy and toss.
- Slice the pork, into strips. Top the buttered bread with pork slices, mushrooms/gravy.
- Serve with coleslaw, tossed salad, mixed vegetables or your side dish of choice.