Recipe by VickyJ
This was a yummy meal that I threw together when there wasn't enough cube steak (that's what I made Mark that night) for the both of us for dinner. I have to say, what I made was very tasty. You can use any bread you want. I had mine on a buttered, warmed potato roll. I will post this for one serving, and you can adjust accordingly. (The gravy is simple, and the "how to" is in the directions.)
Top Review by lauralie41
I tagged this recipe for DH because he loves mushrooms and meat with gravy. He enjoyed this a lot and asked me to make it again. I used four sirloin pork chops and onion rolls. Since I dont care for mushrooms I deglazed my pan with beef broth, added a couple pats of butter, some seasonings and cooked the mushrooms seperately. Placed the pork chop on the warm bread, added the gravy, than the mushrooms and DH loved it. Thank you Vicky for creating and posting this recipe.
- 1 boneless pork chop
- 4 -5 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices of warmed bread or 2 slices rolls, buttered
Directions See How It's Made
- -Preheat oven to 350.
- Salt and pepper both sides of chop. Brown pork in skillet with a little olive oil, just until brown on each side -- Don't discard the drippings in the skillet.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of oil in the middle of a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Place pork chop on top of oil. Add the Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Pile the sliced mushrooms atop the pork. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the mushrooms, then season with salt and pepper.
- Securely, fold sides of foil in over pork/mushrooms, and bring top pieces together, rolling down but not directly on top of mushrooms.
- Poke a few holes to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- A few minutes before packet comes out of oven, make your gravy--add 2 tsp of flour and a pat of butter to the drippings, stirring constantly. Add the mushrooms to the gravy and toss.
- Slice the pork, into strips. Top the buttered bread with pork slices, mushrooms/gravy.
- Serve with coleslaw, tossed salad, mixed vegetables or your side dish of choice.