Old-Fashioned Hot Open-Faced Roast Beef Sandwich
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 2 -4 cups leftover roast beef
- 2 -4 cups leftover gravy
- salt and pepper
- fresh herb, of your choice (optional)
- 1 cup finely minced onion, sauteed lightly (optional)
- 8 slices bread, of your choice
- Slice the roast into thin or thick slices as desired.
- Warm the slices of roast in microwave or oven.
- Heat the gravy in the microwave or on the stove top.
- Add minced, sauteed onions and seasonings to the warmed gravy, if desired.
- Lightly toast or leave untoasted the sliced bread.
- Lay two slices of the sliced bread side-by-side on each plate.
- Lay one slice of warmed meat on each slice of bread.
- Pour desired amount of warmed, seasoned gravy over both slices of bread and meat.
- Serve at once or reheat each plate in the microwave.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Memories of childhood come to mind every time I have this! This just kicks it up a level with the added herbs and onions. My BF and I love them, and have them whenever we have roast beef leftovers. We will have again and again, because it's the best way for us to use up our leftovers, and the sandwiches are great!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
There I am sitting in front of the computer, one of my favorite spots in the house. When I'm not at the computer, I enjoy cooking and entertaining. See my icon? It is an old Royal typewriter. My father had one just like it that he gave me when I was in college. It had one key that stuck, but I typed all my term papers on that old thing. Whenever I see that icon I remember those happy days.