Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A base that adds taste and texture, a must for every day cooking - Sanjeev Kapoor
Make and share this Onion-Tomato Masala recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large sized onions (chopped)
- 2 large sized tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds and when they begin to change colour add onions and sauté till well browned.
- Add garlic paste and ginger paste and continue sautéing.
- Add turmeric powder and mix.
- Add tomatoes and stir.
- Add fresh tomato puree and salt.
- Mix and add red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and sauté till oil begins to separate.
- Use or cool and store frozen.